Wednesday 3 August 2011

My take on Shimelle's 4x6 Photo Love :)

I was really impressed when I saw this class July's 4x6 Photo Love as I had wondered how we were going to fit 7 4x6 Photos on a layout and I'm getting really excited to see the other classes as I have a build up of photos from our trips out this holiday :)

So here it is my attempt:
I chose photos of some butterflies I took at The New Forest Wildlife Park and although I had pictures of a lot of other animals we saw there I felt the Butterflies needed a page of their own. I also included a photo of my eldest two as it seemed fitting as they were there and the photo of them was taken in the Butterfly House.

I put the photo of the boys on the top so it would be shown first on my folded Cardstock strip



Here is my folded cardstock strip opened upwards :)

I decided to use a Journalling sticker from Echo Park's Splash pack and then decided as the space beside where I stuck it looked a bit bare that an embossed butterfly with spiral beside it would fit in with the Butterflies I put to the side of the layout.
Here is my folded cardstock strip folded downwards :)

I used Thickers for my main title and then some Letter Stickers from my left overs of Echo Park's Everybody Love's Christmas
I added the couple of butterflies to the side, I Cut and Embossed a Butterfly using my Big Shot (really should use more) and added some pearls too them and then using a spiral template I stuck some Silver Rhinestones in a spiral :)

I love how this Layout turned out :)

4 comments:

Lisa Echerd said...

Beautiful layout, love the butterfly trails. It is a fun class.

fatmonica said...

Beautiful!Love those butterflies.

Unknown said...

cool-like those vintage postcard accordian thingy-ies!!

Daphne said...

What a great layout! Butterflies definitely need a page of their own! I also had a take on Shimelle's sketch and I chose some pictures of roses I made at Kingston Lacy! Nice to meet someone not far away from me!