Thursday, 21 January 2010
I hope to have some more Craft projects uploaded over the next few days as I have just managed to print off a load of photos :) And I have also managed to get on to my computer and transfer everything to my portable Hard Drive so I have easier access to everything, also Hubby is going to help me back everything up to cd as well :)
Friday, 15 January 2010
And Finally my Kaisercraft Crate I loved making this and impressed on how it turned out. It took me half a day to make. I used Love Struck Papers - St Valentine and Sweet Heart.
I used Kaisercraft Blue and Silver packs of Rhinestones to put down the sides and top of the crate and in the middle of the flowers. I love adding bling.
The ribbon I chose out of a bundle I have so I'm not sure on the name of the manufacture sorry but I put one length round the bottom and tied some on the handles.
I cut out the shapes and flowers from the St Valentines Paper and made them 3D using foam pads.
Sunday, 10 January 2010
I been mooching this evening on DST http://www.digishoptalk.com looking at the kits out and came across Lindsey Jane at Pickleberrypop's kit Winter Frost. I fell in love with it when I saw it, I love the colours and for anyone that knows me I'm always drawn to blue and sparkly silvers and blues lol.
And here is my LO :) I used my Photo Triptych that I did for Cheryl Johnson's 12 days of xmas course. I'm quite proud as I didn't use a template, I made the layout from scratch :)
Oh and how could I almost forget? My Holidays In Hand Digital LOs arrived that I submitted to DS Colour Labs and they are Fantastic I'm really pleased with them and have a feeling I will be getting another order in real soon.
My Husband had a look at them and says he prefers Digi to paper scrapping he likes the fact they are flat and can be put in a album and not have to worry about bits falling off. (He doesn't do Scrapbooking, it's his preference after seeing my digi and paper LOs). As for me to be honest I can't make up my mind which I prefer. I suppose I have been more drawn to Digi, but I think it's because its easier to set up and put aside if need be which helps when you have children about. I tend to do paper scrapping when I know that I'm not going to get interupted all the time and have to worry about keeping bits away from the kids.
Thursday, 7 January 2010
Had a play at Bright Dancing the other night for another of the assignments, that was fun. just a camera and torch needed. :)
Tuesday, 5 January 2010
Well I thought I'd give a little tutorial in how to get LOs ready for printing. I hope the following is helpful and its quite simple really. Click on my pictures to make them a little bigger if you need too.
I'm using photoshop Elements 8 to make my layouts and have to say I have only just taught myself how to make a LO with out a template which is the LO below. (may do a tutorial for setting up your page in a bit if your lucky lol)
Heres the finished LO I just did for this Tutorial. The Following Tutorial is for 12 x 12 Layouts.
So you have finished your LO here is what your screen should look like.
At the top left click on Image > Resize > Image Size Alt+ctrl+l
Next go to the top again left click on Image then click on Covert Colour profile then click on to Covert to sRGB profile
- Dimentions 3600x3600
- Width 3600 pixels
- Height 3600 pixels
- Horizontal Resolution 300 dpi
- Vertical Resolution 300 dpi
- Bit depth 24
- Resolution Unit 2
Sunday, 3 January 2010
Saturday, 2 January 2010
Friday, 1 January 2010
Talking of Challenges I have been having a look at all the challenges being posted on the forums and thinking of having ago at the following -
- Project 12 - details can be found here - http://scrapbookandcardstodaymag.typepad.com/scrapbook_cards_today_blo/2009/12/project-12-launch.html basic idea is to take photos through out the month and then pick best ones to put into your double layout at the end of each month, there will be a sketch posted each month to follow too. I'm going to do this project the traditional paper scrapping way.
- Project 365 - Details can be found here - http://scrapmatters.com/forums/showthread.php?s=a776764cb40c05417f23efacf7fff6b3&t=6273 and here http://www.gottapixel.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=319 This project has been run over a few yrs so there's lots of inspiration about and the above links have just started the 365 project today, I think this yr I'm going to attempt it. I'm going to do this project Digital for ease as I know if I did do it paper scrapping I'd get left behind, this way I think I should be able to keep up.
- Creative Every Day which can be found here - http://creativeeveryday.com/ Each month a prompt will be posted and it can be enterperated any way you like.
I want to focus on being Happy and Organised in both life and craft. I want to get in the habbit of taking more photos and feel the above challenges will help me to accomplish the above.
But before I start getting bits ready for the above I am determind to complete the Holidays In Hand Project I've been doing, I now only have 5 LOs left to complete, Which I'm going to get on with today. But here are my LOs that I have caught up with this week.