Wednesday 17 August 2011

My Take on Shimelle's 3rd August Weekly Sketch

Well I went Pink which is unusual for me as first of all I am such a tomboy and secondly because I have three boys lol. My layout is based on Shimelle's 3rd of August Weekly Sketch.
I used Kaisercraft La Di Da Collection which can be bought at Merly Impressions my favourite shop for all your Kaisercraft needs.
I used Sing - La Di La for the background, but as I liked both sides I decided to cut the paper in to thirds and then stick the plain side with borders to the top and and bottom of some Plain Card Stock and for the middle piece I turned the border side over and stuck the green side to the middle of the Card Stock.

I journalled using my Black embossed Sukura Pen and with one of my free Flower Stamps from a Magazine I added a little line of flowers as I thought the space looked a little odd.
I punched out a Scalloped border for the top and bottom of green section and mounted the photos on to some Turquoise-ish Card Stock that I had in my Scrap Pile, and as they looked rather plain and didn't really make the layout stand out I doodled on the Scallop border and did some fake stitching around the photo.


I cut out some of the various sized flowers from the Skip La Di Da paper and again doodled on them to make them stand out more and stuck them down in clusters using 3D foam pads.

I then put one of the flowers in the Top Left corner too :)
Now on to the font Dilemma, I wanted a sparkly font, but I didn't have any and it is one product I have a lack of. I asked the wonderful ladies of Ukscrappers for help and what they did about lettering and had some wonderful responses and even attempted printing the title on to Acetate but it didn't work for me, So I persevered with printing the title on to plain paper and cutting all the letters out and it worked I think the letters look fine and I love the font.
I didn't add glitter in the end as I didn't want to spoil the letters and they looked fine without.

Instead as I had so much blank space I felt it needed some colour so luckily I found the right colours I needed in inks which again is an product I don't have many of lol. I used another free flower stamp again from the same magazine and then once dry I added Star Dust Stickles and some Rhinestones. I also added some Rhinestones to the cluster of flowers and the flower at the top of the page.

All in all the Layout turned out Ok, my stamping could have been a little better but they weren't clear stamps they were the rubber ones mounted to foam so its hard to see positioning.

7 comments:

Ali said...

what beautiful colours, and love those photos.

Sue Jones said...

beautiful photos! great layout and colours

Steph said...

This is beautiful, Tracey...the cut out font is really gorgeous...well worth all the effort! Love the photos too :)

Claire said...

Fab layout, great photos too.
C
xx

nerllybird said...

Wow, the lettering turned out fab (I've just been reading the thread on UKS). Tried to enlarge the photo to see how you've got that layered look but it wouldn't work - did you actually cut out two lots of letters? They look like stickers - great job! :D

Anonymous said...

Your title looks great and I love all the doodling!

Roz said...

Very pretty. Great photo's too! I love how all the doodling makes everything pop - I need to doodle more!