Thursday 27 October 2011

Some LOs, kids makes and a card :)

Hi Peeps, I am Still about and crafting so here is quite a long post today for you all :)

First up is a card I finished today, I don't normally make cards but wanted to have a play with my Cuttlebug Distressed Snow Embossing folder. I had a look for some card Ideas using this folder but didn't find any but think my Card turned out ok.
The stamp is Hamish with a Sleigh from the Sugar Nellie collection, have quite a few Sugar Nellie Stamps and fancied colouring these for a change :)
I used Promarkers as usual: Poppy, Dusky Pink, Blush, Cool Grey 1, Terracotta, Apricot, Sky Blue and Grass to colour the image.
For the background I ran some Blue Cardstock like Bazil Bling through the Cuttlebug Distressed Snowflake Embossing Folder and used a white Ink Pad to go over all the Card after. I then hand sprinkled Heat Up Snowflake Tinsel Embossing Powder to the card and heat embossed to give a bit of sparkle.
I also added some little Circle Holographic stickers to the centre of the Snowflakes to give a bit more needed Sparkle. I then Cut a length of Red Organza Ribbon to add to the White main card and then added the Blue embossed card and with 3D Foam Pads stuck the Image down. I also added some feathery thread to the card too.
The other day my Youngest was trying so hard to kiss me, he loves trying to do this and so I decided to try and capture some photos, They came out well lol.
Rather simple layout for me and the inspiration was from the March 4x6 Photo Love Class over at Two Peas In A Bucket
Struggled a little with the Title and Journalling as I haven't been able to get another Black Glaze Sukura Pen yet. I ended up using a Biro to fill out the date and place Sticker from Bella Blvd's Mr Boy Alpha and Bits on to a chipboard Element from Bella Blvd Mr Boy Chit Chat. And used different Alpha Stickers to do the main Journalling and Title and stuck them on Echo Park's Dots & Stripes Metropolitan Element Stickers but it worked.
Thought this Quote: "Mother's of little boys work from son up to son down." seemed fitting :) it's from Bella Blvd's Mr Boy Alpha + Bits
I wanted a little border down each side of the photos and used Echo Park's Little Boy Borders.

Yesterday despite the rain, Me and my FIL took Eldest two a craft event at our local museum and I thought I'd share their creations. They had such a good time. First up my Eldest wearing his Mask and holding his Spider and Picture and Apple head :)
Todd's Picture was done using printing with halved apples on to chipboard, using different coloured paints.
He made a Black Pom Pom Spider with paper legs and googly eyes (these will look great hanging up)
His apple head on a stick with a dress made of tissue paper and Cloves for it's hair, eyes, nose and ears which will eventually shrink to form grumpy little faces.
And his mask made with a paper plate and stapled/ glued leaves and berries.

Then Oscar with his collection of makes:

Oscar decided to make his Spider red and doesn't he look cool :) Think we shall be making more of these, though they are rather time consuming to form the Pom Pom.
looking forward to the heads shrinking :)
The pictures look stunning and think with a red frame they will both look perfect for hanging.

The people who ran the event are hoping to hold more of these craft days for kids regularly and hoping to get a brochure done so I'm keeping my eyes peeled for these as I think its a great day out for the boys and they love making things.

Last of all for now is a layout I was making to enter in to the Page Maps Studio Purge Sketch Contest Competition It hasn't turned out how I envisioned it but its Ok.
I used mainly Echo Park's Little Boy Collection for this layout
But used a strip of cars from Bella Blvd Mr Boy Traffic Jam Paper and chipboard elements from Bella Blvd Mr Boy Chipboard: Chit Chat and Icons
I used Echo Park's Rock Star (blue side) to back the photos
And I did some machine Stitching round the edge and finished with cut out of the car from Bella Blvd's Mr Boys Cute Cuts as I thought the space looked a bit bare.

Well that's it for the moment. I'm now beginning to work on getting my December Daily Ready so will share my progress of that soon :) till then take care and thanks for dropping in :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh that's a crafty few days you've had-sounds like fun!!

Emy said...

I love the texture on your snowflake card.xx

My not so simple life said...

wow you've been busy! love all the creations :)

Sue Jones said...

Fab layouts - Love the stuff the children made especially that wonderful mask.

Claire said...

Fab creations there.
C
xx