Wednesday 5 June 2013

Third Art Journal Page

 I Started on Monday on another Art Journal Page and just completed it. Inspiration came from seeing Vicky Papaioannou's recent page called Bloom.   


Here is my completed Page. When seeing her flowers I realised I had some flower stamps that I had in my stash that I hadn't used by Dawn Bibby Designs - Leaves, Flowers and the second pack Trees, but this was where my whole original idea for my page started to go off track and I was getting really interested in where my page was going to head.


As whilst looking for the flower stamps I came across some bird stamps by Fiskars called For The Birds, that didn't go with the flowers but it had a quote I liked the idea of using. "A Bird doesn't sing because it has an answer it sings because it has a song" by Maya Angelou. I used a clear stamp set called Roman Alphabet by Dovecraft for the letters and stamped with Tuxedo Black Momento Ink, but it didn't show up as black as I had hoped, so I went over each of the letters with a Pitt Artist Black Pen which though it showed up a little more I ended up going over again this time with a Black Sukura Glaze Pen which I'm now happy with. 

Then it came to me that I had a digital stamp of some birds which I thought would work, I can't remember where I got it from they have been in my Digital folder for quite some time, But think it may have been a freebie, I coloured them in with Promarkers - Mulberry, Mandarin and Bright Green. And used a Sticky Foam squares to the wings to give dimension. 


and then found some digital music note paper that I liked and thought would go with the theme so printed out that too. Which is where I started putting the actual pages together. I printed the paper out and stuck it to the pages and then went over with Orange and Yellow inks by Papermania. I then used Some Texture Paste mixed with Blue paint over  the flower part of the Dylusions Stencil Called Dotted Flowers and Used some blue ink to stamp through some of the dots. For the Flowers I stamped them, cut them out and coloured in with Promarkers - Azure Blue, Mandarin, Magenta, Cool Aqua and for the leaves I used Bright Green and Lush Green. I also hand drew little music notes dotted around the page once all the bits were stuck in place. 


2 comments:

Bev Tonks said...

I love this, it's so vibrant x

Janet Packer said...

I love the colours and vibrancy of this page. And Maya Angelou has been a hero of mine for so long, It's given me an idea for a canvas (just starting with mixed media canvases). Thanks.