Recently I have taken up reading which is the other reason I think my Scrapping slipped. I decided I needed a proper bookmark instead of my piece of notebook paper. So I asked on Ukscrappers for some inspiration and then decided to pull out my scrap paper and card box, my inks and embossing powders, along with my bigshot all of which hadn't seen light in some time.
- I cut some Black Card which was rather thick in to the shape of a book mark
- Then did the same to some Blue Card which was thinner but I cut it slightly smaller.
- On the back of the black card I stamped a flourish stamp all over
- Before it dried I poured Heat It Up Embossing Tinsel Silver and heat embossed it
- On the Blue Card I did the same but on the front
- I then stamped the flourish all over the Blue Card again on top of the heat embossed flourishes with Black Ink which gave a really nice effect
- I then stuck the Blue Card peice on to the front of the Black Card.
- Using an eyelet tool I put a hole in the top of the book mark and set an eyelet in place and tied some feathery Blue/White thread.
- Next was the Butterflys, I used my Bigshot and a Butterfly Cut and Emboss Die and made two butterflys using white card.
- I Inked the butterflys with Colour Box Pigment Brush Pad - Canary and Heat embossed them using Heat It Up Embossing Powder Silver Pearl
- Just to give the Butterflys a little more sparkle I used Stickles - Crystal and put three Rhinestones along the body.
- Last of all I stuck them on to the bookmark at angles using foam pads to give a little dimention.
Well I did say my time had been taken by Birthday's, September is a buisy first few weeks for us, first up it's My Birthday, then it's My middle son's Birthday and he was three this yr and adores trains especially Thomas The Tank Engine hence the cake, I hired a Train Tin, used Annabel Karmel's Cake Recipe and decorated it with different coloured Butter Icing using Pamperd Chef Icing Decorating Bottles and I added some little edible silver balls too :)
It's then my Eldest's Birthday, he was 7 this week and decided he wanted a Darlek theamed family Party so you guessed it I decided to have a go at making a 3d Darlek Cake. Here's a pic of me getting prepped lol, Toy Daleks at the side to get the idea of shape etc and three different size bowls which worked well.
I made three bowl cakes one of each size a small, medium and large and two sandwhich cakes along with three biscuits slightly larger than the smaller bowl circumfrance. I then put the cake together as is in the picture but with the biscuits inbetween the top layer the 2nd layer and 3rd layer and used butter icing to hold it all together.
To decorate I used blue Butter Icing but the blue food dye didn't come out all that blue lol, I used 3 Rolos, 1 Chocolate finger, pack of Malteasers, Liquirish Swirls but opened and Chocolate Strands. Oh and my mini Hot Choccy wisk